Bailly Preparatory Academy
Bailly Preparatory Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Bailly Preparatory Academy's student population of 445 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||445 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bailly Preparatory Academy is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,769 schools in Indiana (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1712 out of 1769 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gary Community School Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gary Glen Park Academy For Excel In Learning Grades: K-6 | 596 students
5002 Madison St
Gary, IN 46408
(219)881-3620 0.9 K-6 596
- Gary Gary Career Center
1800 E 35th Ave
Gary, IN 46409
(219)962-7571 1.5 n/a n/a
- Hobart Ridge View Elementary School Grades: 1-6 | 313 students
3333 W Old Ridge Rd
Hobart, IN 46342
(219)942-5614 1.6 1-6 313
- Gary Hosford Park New Technical Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 305 students
4735 Arthur St
Gary, IN 46408
(219)980-3390 1.7 K-5 305
- Lake Station Henry S Evans Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 367 students
2915 E 35th Ave
Lake Station, IN 46405
(219)962-1608 1.9 K-5 367
It is a good and fun school, education is great. I love Bailly.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Khalia weatherspoon
This is the dirtiest school ad they have rudest teachers and security guards! I have seen them put their hands on children’s curse at them and even take them into dark rooms! My son came home and told me he saw them take a child! Horrible school and the principal is very childish! She needs to be retrained! The whole staff should be replaced!
- Posted by Parent - Parent
The Special Education Teacher does not embrace the mission statement of what the school claims to believe, showing respect towards all students for a student with disabilities.
- Posted by Teacher - Renee Reed
Schools all over the country have closed their doors to slow the spread of COVID-19, forcing educators and parents to switch to online learning strategies. Read on to learn where to start with homeschooling and for helpful resources for learning at home.
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.