Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences
Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences's student population of 78 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
- Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Baltimore Collegiate School For Boys Grades: 4-6 | 188 students
1101 Winston Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212
(443)642-5320 0.0 4-6 188
- Baltimore Baltimore Design School Grades: 6-11 | 488 students
1500 Barclay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410)396-8805 0.0 6-11 488
- Baltimore Lillie May Carroll Jackson School Grades: 5-6 | 83 students
900 Woodbourne Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212
(443)320-9499 0.5 5-6 83
- Baltimore Northwood Appold Community Academy Grades: K-5 | 222 students
4417 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21218
(410)323-9546 0.5 K-5 222
Nearby Homes for Sale
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.