Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences
Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences's student population of 78 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
- Banneker Blake Academy For Arts And Sciences is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,367 schools in Maryland (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#1339 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Baltimore City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Baltimore Collegiate School For Boys Grades: 4-6 | 188 students
1101 Winston Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212
(443)642-5320 0.0 4-6 188
- Baltimore Baltimore Design School Grades: 6-11 | 488 students
1500 Barclay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410)396-8805 0.0 6-11 488
- Baltimore Lillie May Carroll Jackson School Grades: 5-6 | 83 students
900 Woodbourne Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21212
(443)320-9499 0.5 5-6 83
- Baltimore Northwood Appold Community Academy Grades: K-5 | 222 students
4417 Loch Raven Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21218
(410)323-9546 0.5 K-5 222
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.