Bay Area Technology
Bay Area Technology places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Bay Area Technology's student population of 294 students has grown by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 23% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bay Area Technology's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8829 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oakland Unified School District|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Math and Science Olympiad Program, AP History Tutoring, Arts & Crafts Club, Backgammon Club, Basketball Club, Creative Writing Club, Digital Arts Club, Diversity Club, Europe Trip Club, Folk Dance Club, Geography Bee, Homework Club, Honor Society, Lego Robotics Club, Mentoring Club, Science Fair and Olympiad Club, Science Turoting Club, Simcity Club, Soccer Club, Student Council, Taekwondo Clu|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Bay Area Technology is Oakland International High School (0.0 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Oakland Military Institute College Preparatory Academy (0.7 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Emerson Elementary School (0.2 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Oakland International High School Grades: 9-12 | 360 students
4521 Webster St.
Oakland, CA 94609
(510)597-4287 0.0 9-12 360
- Oakland Emerson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 320 students
4803 Lawton Ave.
Oakland, CA 94609
(510)654-7373 0.2 K-5 320
- Emeryville Oakland Military Institute College Preparatory Academy Grades: 6-12 | 683 students
3877 Lusk St.
Emeryville, CA 94608
(510)594-3900 0.7 6-12 683
- Oakland Piedmont Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 331 students
4314 Piedmont Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611
(510)654-7377 0.7 K-5 331
The best community school in Oakland, great teachers, dedicated staff, advanced programs for GATE students, free after school programs until 6 pm. what else does a parent want?
- Posted by Parent - sealw
This school was a blessing for my child. The teachers actually cared and spent extra hours trying to teach my child. We had to move out of town last year and my son still misses his teachers.
- Posted by Parent - alper
Our school is the best. We will have football next year !
- Posted by Student/Alumni - akeee
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.