Oakland Technical High School
- Oakland Technical High School's student population of 1,998 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,998 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||96 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Oakland Technical High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#4200 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Oakland Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Emerson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 314 students
4803 Lawton Ave.
Oakland, CA 94609
(510) 654-7373 0.3 K-5 314
- Oakland Piedmont Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 334 students
4314 Piedmont Ave.
Oakland, CA 94611
(510) 654-7377 0.3 K-5 334
- Oakland Oakland International High School Grades: 9-12 | 367 students
4521 Webster St.
Oakland, CA 94609
(510) 597-4287 0.4 9-12 367
- Oakland Kipp Valiant Community Prep Grades: K-8 | 225 students
2086 Clarke St.
Oakland, CA 94612
(650) 422-4022 0.5 K-8 225
If you are a parent for the love of your own kids, well being just take them to a different highschool. this may seem like the best highschool in Oakland, but in reality, all other schools have inflated grading systems. C/o 2020 had countless teachers that straight up do not care about their students, and a few teachers that quit MID YEAR. this school is un-proportionally harder than another school in OUSD, making it much harder for them to get into California universities, as GPA''s are inflated. A top UC would compare 2 transcripts; one from OT and the other from skyline. the student from OT has a 3.8 GPA and is ranked top ~50 in their class (~50/450) and the other student from skyline would have a GPA of 3.9, however class rank 200/400. the universities cannot view the class ranks, and also does not know the difference between the two schools, ultimately selecting the student from skyline.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - K
this school is the pits.My sons went there a few years ago and if I had it to do over again I would not have sent them there. My sons are white and were in classes above honors which the colleges did not recognize.One son dropped out the other graduated and did go to college . If I had it to do over again things would have been different.
- Posted by Parent - Tiger
Loved going to school there. Graduated 1963.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kitso