Beachwood Elementary School
- Beachwood Elementary School's student population of 331 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Beachwood Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 2,028 schools in Washington (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WA)|
|Overall School Rank||#946 out of 2028 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||55-59%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clover Park School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tacoma Meriwether Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 333 students
10285 Compass Ave
Tacoma, WA 98433
(253)583-5200 1.0 PK-5 333
- Tacoma Hillside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 558 students
61700 Garcia Blvd
Tacoma, WA 98433
(253)583-5280 1.3 PK-5 558
- Tacoma Evergreen Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 474 students
9020 Blaine Ave
Tacoma, WA 98433
(253)583-5250 1.5 PK-5 474
- Lakewood Tillicum Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 352 students
8514 Maple St Sw
Lakewood, WA 98498
(253)583-5370 1.6 PK-5 352
- Lakewood Special Education Services/relife Grades: PK-12 | 20 students
14721 Murray St
Lakewood, WA 98499
(253)583-5170 2.1 PK-12 20
Excellent School. This is our families 5th elementary school. Of the 5 schools we have been in this is the best. The teachers work hard to make sure my son and daughter get what they need and push my son to learn more. The teachers, counselor, principal, and I all met before school to help my daughter who was having a hard time in reading. She goes to the before school learning help and is in LAP for extra help. I agree with the last post that the principal does care and he is always willing to help. I went to him a few times with problems and he took care of them right away. The school just keeps getting better and better and that is because of the teachers and Mr. Zarling. My daughter is doing things in 3rd grade that my son did in 4th grade in Tennessee. Unfortunately, we only have 1 more year at Beachwood. We will miss Beachwood and Mr. Zarling since he is leaving after this year.
- Posted by Parent - dtris
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.