Beauregard Elementary School

  • Beauregard Elementary School serves 683 students in grades Prekindergarten-4.
  • The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Math is 68% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 43%) for the 2015-2016 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in Reading/Language Arts is 40% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 38%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • Beauregard Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 18:1.
  • Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the Alabama state average of 44%.
  • Beauregard Elementary School operates within the Lee County School District.

Top Placements (Alabama)

Beauregard Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in Alabama for:

  • Category Attribute
  • Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)

School Overview

  • Beauregard Elementary School's student population of 683 students has declined by 5% over five school years.
  • The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 28% over five school years.
Grades OfferedGrades Prekindergarten-4
Total Students683 students
Gender %Beauregard Elementary School Gender
Total Classroom Teachers40 teachers
Students by GradeBeauregard Elementary School Student By Grade

School Comparison

  • Beauregard Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1264 schools in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
  • The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
  • The diversity score of Beauregard Elementary School is 0.43, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.33. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year DataThis SchoolState Level (AL)
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
68%
43%
Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
40%
38%
Student : Teacher Ratio17:118:1
Hispanic
3%
7%
Black
21%
33%
White
73%
56%
Two or more races
3%
2%
All Ethnic GroupsBeauregard Elementary School All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity BreakdownAL All Ethnic Groups Ethnicity Breakdown
Diversity Score0.430.33
Eligible for Free Lunch
58%
46%
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
10%
5%

    District Comparison

    • The school district of Beauregard Elementary School is Lee County School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 136 school districts in Alabama (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
    • Lee County School District's student population of 9,771 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
    • The revenue/student of $9,606 in this district is less than the state average of $10,349. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
    • The district's spending/student of $10,865 is higher than the state average of $10,471. The district spending/student has grown by 16% over four school years.
    School District NameLee County School District
    Number of Schools
    Managed
    14
    6
    Number of Students Managed9,7712,907
    Lee County School District Students Managed (1988-2016)
    District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
    44%
    43%
    District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
    38%
    38%
    District Total Revenue$94 MM$30 MM
    District Spending$106 MM$30 MM
    District Revenue / Student$9,606$10,349
    District Spending / Student$10,865$10,471
    School Statewide TestingView Education Department Test Scores
    Source: 2015-2016 (latest school year available) NCES, AL Dept. of Education

    Nearby Public Schools

    Show me:

    School Reviews

    Review Beauregard Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

    • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
    • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities

    I am a:

    Name or Alias:

    Your review:

    Rate this school:
    Recent Articles
    Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
    Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
    Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.