Beckwourth (jim) High (Continuation School)
Beckwourth (jim) High (Continuation School) places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
- Beckwourth (jim) High (Continuation School)'s student population of 13 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
- Beckwourth (jim) High (Continuation School)'s student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (15-16)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Plumas Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portola C. Roy Carmichael Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 344 students
895 W. St.
Portola, CA 96122
(530) 832-0211 1.0 K-6 344
- Quincy Portola Opportunity Grades: K-8 | 11 students
1446 E. Main St.
Quincy, CA 95971
(530) 283-6500 1.0 K-8 11
- Loyalton Loyalton Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 199 students
Loyalton, CA 96118
(530) 993-4482 14.3 K-6 199
Nearby Homes for Sale
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.