Ben Painter Elementary School
- Ben Painter Elementary School's student population of 379 students has declined by 17% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ben Painter Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#5396 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alum Rock Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Alpha: Blanca Alvarado Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 408 students
1601 Cunningham Ave.
San Jose, CA 95122
(408)780-0831 0.1 6-8 408
- San Jose Foothill High School Grades: 11-12 | 327 students
230 Pala Ave.
San Jose, CA 95127
(408)928-9100 0.5 11-12 327
- San Jose Russo/mcentee Academy Grades: K-5 | 558 students
2851 Gay Ave.
San Jose, CA 95127
(408)928-8900 0.6 K-5 558
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.