William Sheppard Middle School
- William Sheppard Middle School's student population of 604 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||604 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- William Sheppard Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#6085 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Alum Rock Union Elementary School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Jose Ben Painter Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 374 students
500 Rough And Ready Rd.
San Jose, CA 95133
(408) 928-8400 0.0 K-8 374
- San Jose Alpha: Blanca Alvarado Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 358 students
1601 Cunningham Ave.
San Jose, CA 95122
(408) 780-0831 0.1 5-8 358
- San Jose Foothill High School Grades: 11-12 | 330 students
230 Pala Ave.
San Jose, CA 95127
(408) 928-9100 0.5 11-12 330
- San Jose Russo/mcentee Academy Grades: K-5 | 523 students
2851 Gay Ave.
San Jose, CA 95127
(408) 928-8900 0.6 K-5 523
Hello, I really think shepard should have more extracurricular activities for the students. As a former student I think it would have been alot beter with an elective, and a real elective not just band. I still talk to students @ shepprad snd they tell me that they are sick of having 2 lang. arts classes and want real electives. I think it is better for them to have some. Also they should have more dances and activities. If one student gets in trouble the whole shool shouldnt have to pay for it. That student that was in trouble should be excluded from it, instead of having the whole school sufer. Sheppard may have a bad reputation when it comes to student rights. They never get to choose what they want at the school. the school hardly ever listens. I recomend a good counsoler I know for a fact there is alot of drama at that school and I would appriciate it if Sheppard Middle School gave my friends that go there now better things so the school wont be known as a bad oneSincerly, A former student<3
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lizzy
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.