Benjamin Banneker Academy
Benjamin Banneker Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 5%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Benjamin Banneker Academy's student population of 922 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||922 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Benjamin Banneker Academy is ranked within the top 5% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≥99%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||14:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #13 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Fort Green Preparatory Academy Grades: 6-8 | 243 students
100 Clermont Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718)254-9401 0.1 6-8 243
- Brooklyn Academy Of Arts And Letters Grades: K-8 | 517 students
225 Adelphi St
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718)222-1605 0.3 K-8 517
A new program in San Antonio and Austin tracks students with truancy history with GPS devices. The program is designed to improve attendance rates and student achievement.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.