P.S. 46 Edward C Blum
P.S. 46 Edward C Blum places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- P.S. 46 Edward C Blum's student population of 320 students has declined by 20% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||320 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- P.S. 46 Edward C Blum's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Overall School Rank||#3362 out of 4,239 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||New York City Geographic #13 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Fort Green Preparatory Academy Grades: 6-8 | 216 students
100 Clermont Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718)254-9401 0.0 6-8 216
- Brooklyn Benjamin Banneker Academy Grades: 9-12 | 869 students
71-77 Clinton Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11238
(212)586-2943 0.1 9-12 869
- Brooklyn Academy Of Arts And Letters Grades: K-8 | 515 students
225 Adelphi St
Brooklyn, NY 11205
(718)222-1605 0.3 K-8 515
This school does not take complaints seriously. Teachers do not always follow up with parents about important information but will follow up about things that are convenient for themselves,
- Posted by Parent - Jessica
I feel the teachers don't give it their all in teaching the students that really need help. Needs MUCH MORE IMPROVEMENT.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa
EXCELLENT IN ALL AREAS academics !
- Posted by Parent - rosaa
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.