Bennett/kew Elementary School
- Bennett/kew Elementary School's student population of 356 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 26% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bennett/kew Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#5298 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Inglewood Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Today's Fresh Start Charter School Inglewood Grades: K-6 | 495 students
3405 W. Imperial Hwy.
Los Angeles, CA 90043
(310) 680-7599 0.2 K-6 495
- Gardena Environmental Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 356 students
812 W. 165th Pl.
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 425-1605 0.3 6-8 356
- Inglewood Children Of Promise Preparatory Academy Grades: K-8 | 374 students
3130 W. 111th Pl.
Inglewood, CA 90303
(310) 677-3014 0.5 K-8 374
- Inglewood Worthington Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 404 students
11101 S. Yukon Ave.
Inglewood, CA 90303
(310) 680-5350 0.5 K-5 404
- Hawthorne York Grades: K-5 | 579 students
11838 S. York Ave.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(310) 675-1189 0.7 K-5 579
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.