Biloxi Junior High School
Biloxi Junior High School serves 993 students in grades 7-8.
Biloxi Junior High School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Mississippi for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 70% (which is higher than the Mississippi state average of 46%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 48% (which is higher than the Mississippi state average of 41%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the Mississippi state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Mississippi state average of 57% (majority Black).
- Grades: 7-8
- Students: 993 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Minority Enrollment: 60%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in MS
- Math Proficiency: 70% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 48% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MS Dept. of Education
Biloxi Junior High School's student population of 993 students has declined by 27% over five school years.
The teacher population of 90 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Biloxi Junior High School is ranked within the top 20% of all 816 schools in Mississippi (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Biloxi Junior High School is 0.69, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (MS)
Overall Testing Rank
#145 out of 816 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (19-20)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MS Dept. of Education
Review Biloxi Junior High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.