Birch Grove Primary
- Birch Grove Primary's student population of 382 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 45% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||382 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Birch Grove Primary's student:teacher ratio of 32:1 has increased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1654 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Newark Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Birch Grove Intermediate Grades: 3-6 | 486 students
37490 Birch St.
Newark, CA 94560
(510)818-3600 0.5 3-6 486
- Fremont John G. Mattos Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 630 students
37944 Farwell Dr.
Fremont, CA 94536
(510)793-1359 0.6 K-6 630
- Fremont Joseph Azevada Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 641 students
39450 Royal Palm Dr.
Fremont, CA 94538
(510)657-3900 1.2 K-6 641
- Newark E. L. Musick Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 285 students
5735 Musick Ave.
Newark, CA 94560
(510)818-4000 1.3 K-6 285
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.