Bluewell Elementary School
- Bluewell Elementary School's student population of 200 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bluewell Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Mercer County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montcalm Montcalm High School Grades: 7-12 | 310 students
710 Simmons Rive Road
Montcalm, WV 24737
(304)589-3719 2.2 7-12 310
- Rock Montcalm Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 316 students
838 Rock Road
Rock, WV 24747
(304)589-7095 3.2 PK-6 316
- Bluefield Brushfork Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 182 students
140 Brushfork School Road
Bluefield, WV 24701
(304)325-7066 3.7 K-5 182
- Bluefield Graham Intermediate Grades: 3-5 | 287 students
808 Greever Ave
Bluefield, VA 24605
(276)326-3737 4.4 3-5 287
- Bluefield Bluefield Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 490 students
2002 Stadium Drive
Bluefield, WV 24701
(304)325-2481 4.5 6-8 490
Increasing birth rates among immigrant families from Asia and Central and South America, combined with lower birth rates among white families, means that for the first time in history, public school students in the United States are majority-minority. This shift in demographics poses difficulties for schools as they work to accommodate children of varying language abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.