Bolton Central School
Top Placements (New York)
Bolton Central School is Listed among the top public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Bolton Central School's student population of 191 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Bolton Central School is ranked within the top 30% of all 4239 schools in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has increased from 6:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||14:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Bolton Central School is Bolton Central School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 771 school districts in New York (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Bolton Central School District's student population of 191 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has decreased from 80-89% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $40,031 is higher than the state average of $31,939. The district revenue/student has declined by 8% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $38,092 is higher than the state average of $33,406. The district spending/student has declined by 20% over four school years.
|School District Name||Bolton Central School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||191||902|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|District Graduation Rate||≥80%|
|District Total Revenue||$8 MM||$29 MM|
|District Spending||$8 MM||$30 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$40,031||$31,939|
|District Spending / Student||$38,092||$33,406|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Warrensburg Warrensburg Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 357 students
103 Schroon River Rd
Warrensburg, NY 12885
(518)623-2862 6.8 7-12 357
- Warrensburg Warrensburg Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 404 students
1 James St
Warrensburg, NY 12885
(518)623-9747 7.5 PK-6 404
- Lake George Lake George Junior-senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 443 students
381 Canada St
Lake George, NY 12845
(518)668-5452 9.5 7-12 443
- Lake George Lake George Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 363 students
69 Sun Valley Dr
Lake George, NY 12845
(518)668-5714 10.5 K-6 363
I love this school so much! I`ve been there since Pre-K! All of the teachers are so amazing to all the students there, all of them give one on one attention with any student that asks for it, or just senses they need help. It`s really nice being able to be friendly with the teachers and have making jokes with them, but knowing when to stop joking and learn. There`s people that have struggles in school and the teachers make sure to get them what they need, but also treat the others students equally. Personally, I`ve always struggled with math. But I didn`t necessarily need "special help", but they knew when to help me and when to let me do it by myself. The academic abilities on our school, I think are above average because of the attention we get from the teachers. There is a variety of extra activities for all people`s personalities and abilities. This school doesn`t only feel like a high-spirited environment, it feels like a family.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Feels Like FAMILY
This school is way above the district that surround them. The education is far superior to that of North Warren or Warrensburg. Teachers care and take the time to help students. Its a joy to see staff that like their jobs and children. KUDOS to all at Bolton Central School
- Posted by Parent - Overwhelmed with Happiness
Academics are low. Students receive grades that are not earned. A good percent go to college and leave within the first semester. Parents are afraid to complain due to retribution on their student (Which most BOE people are well aware of and proclaim it doesn't happen) Nice sports program any student that wants to play can. Parents are involved but afraid as are the teacher (THE PRESENT SUPERINTENDENT HAS CUT THEIR JOBS/POSITIONS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH HIS VIEWS) This superintendent knows someone in NYS Dept of Education. Bolton has NO K-6 special education teacher He cut that position too. NYS Dept of Education WHERE ARE YOU?
- Posted by Parent - lucky