Brainard Elementary School
- Brainard Elementary School's student population of 168 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 10 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Brainard Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3015 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Brainard Elementary School is Puc Community Charter Mid And Puc Community Charter Early College High School (1.1 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Puc Lakeview Charter Academy (1.0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Puc Lakeview Charter Academy (1.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank Puc Lakeview Charter Academy Grades: 6-8 | 344 students
11465 Kagel Canyon St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)485-0340 1.0 6-8 344
- Burbank Puc Community Charter Mid And Puc Community Charter Early College High School Grades: 6-12 | 799 students
11500 Eldridge Ave.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)485-0933 1.1 6-12 799
- Downey Phoenix Academy Residential Education Center Grades: 7-12 | 44 students
11600 Eldrige Ave.
Downey, CA 90242
(818)897-6213 1.2 7-12 44
- Sylmar Fenton Avenue Charter Grades: 3-5 | 773 students
11828 Gain St.
Sylmar, CA 91342
(818)896-7482 1.6 3-5 773
- Pacoima Fenton Primary Center Grades: K-2 | 807 students
11351 Dronfield Ave.
Pacoima, CA 91331
(818)485-5900 1.6 K-2 807
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.