Bret Harte Middle School
- Grades: 6-9
- Enrollment: 557 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 96%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 13% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 18% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
13% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 18% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Bret Harte Middle School?
557 students attend Bret Harte Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
37% of Bret Harte Middle School students are Black, 36% of students are Hispanic, 12% of students are Asian, 9% of students are Two or more races, 4% of students are White, and 2% of students are Hawaiian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Bret Harte Middle School?
Bret Harte Middle School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Bret Harte Middle School offer ?
Bret Harte Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-9
Review Bret Harte Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities