Bret Harte Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,056 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Minority Enrollment: 74%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 75% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 78% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Bret Harte Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bret Harte Middle School's ranking?
Bret Harte Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest overall rank (Top 10%), Highest math proficiency (Top 10%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 10%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
75% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 78% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Bret Harte Middle School?
1,056 students attend Bret Harte Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
51% of Bret Harte Middle School students are Asian, 26% of students are White, 14% of students are Hispanic, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Bret Harte Middle School?
Bret Harte Middle School has a student ration of 21:1, which is lower than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Bret Harte Middle School offer ?
Bret Harte Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Bret Harte Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities