Leland High School serves 1,676 students in grades 9-12.
Leland High School placed in the top 5% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 79% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 79% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 29:1 is higher than the California state level of 21:1.
Minority enrollment is 68% of the student body (majority Asian), which is lower than the California state average of 79% (majority Hispanic).
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 1,676 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 29:1
- Minority Enrollment: 68%
- Graduation Rate: 98% (Top 5% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5%
- Math Proficiency: 79% (Top 5%)
- Reading Proficiency: 79% (Top 10%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Leland High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Leland High School's student population of 1,676 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 58 teachers has declined by 25% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Leland High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Leland High School is 0.65, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#154 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Leland High School's ranking?
Leland High School is ranked #154 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 5% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
79% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 79% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Leland High School?
The graduation rate of Leland High School is 98%, which is higher than the California state average of 84%.
How many students attend Leland High School?
1,676 students attend Leland High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
49% of Leland High School students are Asian, 32% of students are White, 10% of students are Hispanic, 8% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Leland High School?
Leland High School has a student ration of 29:1, which is higher than the California state average of 21:1.
What grades does Leland High School offer ?
Leland High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Leland High School part of?
Leland High School is part of San Jose Unified School District.
Review Leland High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Foreign Language Study Abroad
We've put together this resource guide to help students, adults and professionals get the information they require to choose a good destination to study language abroad.
Unlock the power of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) in this comprehensive guide. Discover how IEPs support students with diverse needs, including behavioral challenges. This article is a must-read for parents navigating the education system and aspiring teachers seeking to make a positive impact.
Not Just for College: A Guide to K-12 Scholarships
Explore the world of scholarships designed specifically for K-12 students in this comprehensive guide. Discover opportunities to ease the financial burden of private education and pave the way for academic success.