Brighton High School
Brighton High School places among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 5%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Student Attention Lowest student:teacher ratio (Top 20%)
Brighton High School's student population of 1,136 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 101 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2018)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,136 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||101 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Brighton High School is ranked within the top 5% of all 4,239 schools in New York (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Brighton High School is 0.47, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.71. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NY)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#47 out of 4239 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||13:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Brighton Central School District|
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Brighton High School is James Monroe High School (2.3 miles away)
The nearest middle school and elementary school is Twelve Corners Middle School (0.2 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Rochester Council Rock Primary School Grades: K-2 | 685 students
600 Grosvenor Rd
Rochester, NY 14610
(585) 242-5170 1 K-2 685
- Rochester School 35-pinnacle Grades: K-6 | 441 students
194 Field St
Rochester, NY 14620
(585) 271-4583 1.5 K-6 441
- Rochester French Road Elementary School Grades: 3-5 | 796 students
488 French Rd
Rochester, NY 14618
(585) 242-5140 1.7 3-5 796
- Rochester School 23-francis Parker Grades: PK-6 | 352 students
170 Barrington St
Rochester, NY 14607
(585) 473-5099 1.8 PK-6 352
The COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world on its head. The effects of the global pandemic will be felt for years to come, though maybe more so in certain populations. Here’s what you need to know about the current state of special education in the United States.
As more schools return to in-person learning, teachers and parents find themselves dealing with the trauma and stress created by the pandemic.
After more than a year of remote learning, schools are finally returning to in-person instruction but how has the pandemic changed the face of public education and what will it look like moving forward?