Brocks Gap Intermediate School
Brocks Gap Intermediate School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 10%)
Brocks Gap Intermediate School's student population of 807 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-6|
|Total Students||807 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
Brocks Gap Intermediate School is ranked within the top 20% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
The diversity score of Brocks Gap Intermediate School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#140 out of 1270 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hoover City School District|
- For children living in the Central Neighborhood of Cleveland, we offer our Stepstone Academy charter school to give them the best education. What makes our school better for your child:
- Our teachers are great at what they do and care about your child
- We focus on all subjects, with extra attention to math and reading
- We help build your child’s character
- We combine regular teaching with computer technology
- We have two teachers in each classroom to give students the attention they deserve
- After-school and summer programs
- Before and after-school care available
- Support for the whole family, including help with behavior, parenting and job preparation Longer school days for more learning: 8:00 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Free to attend
- Dress code: uniforms
Nearby Public Schools
The nearest high school to Brocks Gap Intermediate School is Hoover High School (2.8 miles away)
The nearest middle school is Robert F Bumpus Middle School (0.1 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is South Shades Crest Elementary School (0.9 miles away)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Robert F Bumpus Middle School Grades: 7-8 | 837 students
6055 Flemming Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205) 439-2200 0.1 7-8 837
- Birmingham South Shades Crest Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 627 students
3770 South Shades Crest Rd
Birmingham, AL 35244
(205) 439-3000 0.9 K-4 627
- Birmingham Deer Valley Elementary School Grades: K-4 | 971 students
4990 Ross Bridge Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35226
(205) 439-3300 1.7 K-4 971
- Bessemer Greenwood Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 255 students
5012 Roselyn Road Southeast
Bessemer, AL 35022
(205) 432-3201 2.6 K-5 255
The results are in from Education Week’s annual public school rankings – and Maryland schools take the top spot for the fourth year in a row.
A number of cases have recently been introduced nationwide regarding the use of Facebook and public school staff and students. We’ll take a look at the latest situations and ask once again where the line between public school and social media should be drawn.
How well are digital textbooks performing for students? We examine the move to digital textbooks, as well as the pros and cons of using online resources rather than traditional paper.