Brocks Gap Intermediate School
Brocks Gap Intermediate School serves 807 students in grades 5-6.
Brocks Gap Intermediate School placed in the top 5% of all schools in Alabama for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 5%, and reading proficiency is top 10%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 78% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70% (which is higher than the Alabama state average of 45%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is lower than the Alabama state level of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 52% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the Alabama state average of 45% (majority Black).
Brocks Gap Intermediate School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Brocks Gap Intermediate School's student population of 807 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 50 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Brocks Gap Intermediate School is ranked within the top 5% of all 1,263 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Brocks Gap Intermediate School is 0.66, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (AL)
Overall Testing Rank
#62 out of 1263 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, AL Dept. of Education
- For children living in the Central Neighborhood of Cleveland, we offer our Stepstone Academy charter school to give them the best education. What makes our school better for your child:
- Our teachers are great at what they do and care about your child
- We focus on all subjects, with extra attention to math and reading
- We help build your child’s character
- We combine regular teaching with computer technology
- We have two teachers in each classroom to give students the attention they deserve
- After-school and summer programs
- Before and after-school care available
- Support for the whole family, including help with behavior, parenting and job preparation Longer school days for more learning: 8:00 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Free to attend
- Dress code: uniforms
Review Brocks Gap Intermediate School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Missing Children: Why Public Schools Need to Improve Security Policies
Learn about the case of Kyle Horman, a child who went missing while on campus, and how this tragedy is prompting public schools to reevaluate their security measures.
Paupers and Princes: Economic Inequality at Public Schools
The economic divide between our nation's public school students is growing wider and deeper. Learn about a new federal report that reveals the growing ranks of poverty-stricken public schools.
Can You Afford a Stellar Public School Education?
Dissect "America's Best Schools for Your Housing Buck" and learn about the top ranked public schools in America in cities where the median home price is as low as $200,000.