Brownell Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 759 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 79%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 45% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 52% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
45% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 52% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Brownell Middle School?
759 students attend Brownell Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
66% of Brownell Middle School students are Hispanic, 21% of students are White, 7% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Brownell Middle School?
Brownell Middle School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Brownell Middle School offer ?
Brownell Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Brownell Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities