Burbank High School serves 2,495 students in grades 9-12.
Burbank High School placed in the top 10% of all schools in California for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65-69% (which is higher than the California state average of 34%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 70-74% (which is higher than the California state average of 49%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 26:1 is higher than the California state level of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 40% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the California state average of 78% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 2,495 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 26:1
- Minority Enrollment: 40%
- Graduation Rate: 94% (Top 30% in CA)
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 10%
- Math Proficiency: 65-69% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 70-74% (Top 20%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Burbank High School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Burbank High School's student population of 2,495 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 97 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Burbank High School is ranked within the top 10% of all 3,649 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Burbank High School is 0.58, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.63. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (CA)
Overall Testing Rank
#301 out of 3649 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Burbank High School's ranking?
Burbank High School is ranked #301 out of 3,649 schools, which ranks it among the top 10% of public schools in California.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65-69% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 34% CA state average), while 70-74% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% CA state average).
What is the graduation rate of Burbank High School?
The graduation rate of Burbank High School is 94%, which is higher than the California state average of 85%.
How many students attend Burbank High School?
2,495 students attend Burbank High School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
60% of Burbank High School students are White, 24% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Asian, 3% of students are Black, and 3% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Burbank High School?
Burbank High School has a student ration of 26:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Burbank High School offer ?
Burbank High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12
What school district is Burbank High School part of?
Burbank High School is part of Burbank Unified School District.
Review Burbank High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Nearby Homes for Sale
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.