Burbank High School
Burbank High School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 5%)
- Burbank High School's student population of 2,582 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 106 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||2,582 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||106 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burbank High School's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2695 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Burbank Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank John Muir Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1399 students
1111 N. Kenneth Rd.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)558-5320 0.5 6-8 1399
- Burbank Ralph Emerson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 596 students
720 E. Cypress Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
(818)558-5419 0.6 K-5 596
- Burbank Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 767 students
1900 N. Sixth St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)558-4635 0.8 K-5 767
- Burbank Monterey High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 149 students
1915 Monterey Ave.
Burbank, CA 91506
(818)558-5455 0.9 9-12 149
- Pasadena Options For Youth-burbank Charter Grades: K-12 | 880 students
1610 W. Burbank Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101
(818)566-7525 0.9 K-12 880
Learn about the pros and cons surrounding year-round schools through studies arguing that students perform better in school without a summer break.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.