John Muir Middle School
Top Placements (California)
John Muir Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- John Muir Middle School's student population of 1459 students has grown by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 58 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||1,459 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John Muir Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 26:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of John Muir Middle School is Burbank Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Burbank Unified School District's student population of 16,050 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $8,576 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 5% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,925 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Burbank Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||16,050||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$141 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$147 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$8,576||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$8,925||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank Ralph Emerson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 599 students
720 E. Cypress Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
(818)558-5419 0.4 K-5 599
- Burbank Burbank High School Grades: 9-12 | 2542 students
902 N. Third St.
Burbank, CA 91502
(818)558-4700 0.5 9-12 2542
- Burbank Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 768 students
1900 N. Sixth St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)558-4635 0.6 K-5 768
- Burbank Joaquin Miller Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 746 students
720 E. Providencia Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
(818)558-5460 1.1 K-5 746
- Burbank Puc Inspire Charter Academy Grades: 6-8 | 211 students
919 Eighth St., Ste. 303
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)492-1880 1.1 6-8 211
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.