Joaquin Miller Elementary School
- Joaquin Miller Elementary School's student population of 776 students has grown by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 29% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||776 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Joaquin Miller Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1203 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Burbank Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank Puc Inspire Charter Academy Grades: 6-8 | 316 students
919 Eighth St.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818)492-1880 0.0 6-8 316
- Burbank Burbank Usd Community Day Grades: 7-12 | 25 students
223 E. Santa Anita Ave.
Burbank, CA 91502
(818)558-4693 0.5 7-12 25
- Burbank Ralph Emerson Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 596 students
720 E. Cypress Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
(818)558-5419 0.8 K-5 596
- Burbank Burbank High School Grades: 9-12 | 2582 students
902 N. Third St.
Burbank, CA 91502
(818)558-4700 1.1 9-12 2582
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.