Balboa Elementary School
- Balboa Elementary School's student population of 830 students has grown by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||830 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Balboa Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2508 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||n/a|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Glendale Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burbank Joaquin Miller Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 747 students
720 E. Providencia Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
(818) 558-5460 0.7 K-5 747
- Burbank Puc Inspire Charter Academy Grades: 6-8 | 299 students
12550 Van Nuys Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
(818) 492-1880 0.7 6-8 299
- Glendale Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 683 students
1540 Fifth St.
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 243-4279 0.7 K-6 683
- Burbank Burbank Usd Community Day Grades: 7-12 | 21 students
223 E. Santa Anita Ave.
Burbank, CA 91502
(818) 558-4693 1.1 7-12 21
- Glendale Herbert Hoover High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,637 student
651 Glenwood Rd.
Glendale, CA 91202
(818) 242-6801 1.3 9-12 1,637
As far as education goes this school is fine. However, culturally and socially this school is HORRIBLE. There is almost zero diversity at Balboa and students who are picked on for not being part of the majority get very little support from the faculty in those matters. I was even told that if I want my child to fit in I should enroll him in classes where he can learn to speak Armenian. The administrative staff has been unfriendly, unhelpful and even hostile at times and the lack of supervision after school is ridiculous. Children are allowed to wander out of the gates without anyone watching.
- Posted by Parent - allca
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.