Benjamin Franklin Elementary School
Benjamin Franklin Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School's student population of 634 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||634 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Benjamin Franklin Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1451 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Glendale Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glendale Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 683 students
1540 Fifth St.
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 243-4279 0.8 K-6 683
- Burbank William Mckinley Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 482 students
349 W. Valencia Ave.
Burbank, CA 91506
(818) 558-5477 0.8 K-5 482
- Burbank Burbank Usd Community Day Grades: 7-12 | 21 students
223 E. Santa Anita Ave.
Burbank, CA 91502
(818) 558-4693 1.2 7-12 21
- Burbank Joaquin Miller Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 747 students
720 E. Providencia Ave.
Burbank, CA 91501
(818) 558-5460 1.4 K-5 747
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.