Burney Community Day
- Burney Community Day's student population of 7 students has declined by 30% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 1 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Burney Community Day is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,032 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2011-12 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 7:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (11-12)||<50%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (11-12)||<50%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Fall River Joint Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burney Burney Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 395 students
37403 Toronto St.
Burney, CA 96013
(530)335-2279 0.8 K-6 395
- Burney Mt. Burney Special Education Center Grades: K-12 | 13 students
37577 Mountain View Rd.
Burney, CA 96013
(530)335-3852 4.5 K-12 13
- Montgomery Creek Montgomery Creek Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 76 students
30365 Highway 299 E.
Montgomery Creek, CA 96065
(530)337-6214 13.6 K-8 76
- Fall River Mills Fall River Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 310 students
24977 Curve St.
Fall River Mills, CA 96028
(530)336-5551 14.8 K-6 310
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.