Busch Ms Character Athletics
Busch Ms Character Athletics places among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Busch Ms Character Athletics's student population of 341 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Busch Ms Character Athletics is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,085 schools in Missouri (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MO)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#1884 out of 2085 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Louis City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Community Access Job Training Grades: 8-12 | 133 students
4915 Donovan Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63109
(314) 481-4095 0.7 8-12 133
- Saint Louis Rogers Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 553 students
7550 Mackenzie Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63123
(314) 351-9679 1.2 6-8 553
- Saint Louis Mallinckrodt A.b.i. Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 287 students
6020 Pernod Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314) 352-9212 1.3 PK-5 287
- Saint Louis Long Middle Community Ed. Center Grades: 6-8 | 176 students
5028 Morganford Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63116
(314) 481-3440 1.6 6-8 176
We have followed the Atlanta cheating scandal story, and now, administrative consequences have been handed out to the teachers implicated, and a jury is considering criminal charges against some of the teachers as well.
Learn about a school district in Missouri that buckled under the pressure of the ACLU and took single-sex classes out of its schools. We’ll also look at some of the evidence that both supports and refutes the benefits of single-sex classrooms.
Some schools in the country only give students 10 minutes to eat lunch, while others enjoy an entire hour. We’ll delve into the controversy surrounding the length of the lunch period and what the research finds in correlating lunch length to student performance.