Byron Area Middle School
- Byron Area Middle School's student population of 162 students has declined by 45% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has declined by 43% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-8|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Byron Area Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1752 out of 3,159 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||18:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Byron Area s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Byron Byron Area Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 386 students
401 East Maple St
Byron, MI 48418
(810)266-4671 0.1 K-6 386
- Gaines Gaines Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 167 students
300 Lansing St
Gaines, MI 48436
(810)591-1076 3.5 K-5 167
- Linden Linden Middle School Grades: 6-12 | 672 students
15425 Lobdell Rd
Linden, MI 48451
(810)591-0710 6.4 6-12 672
- Linden Central Elementary School Grades: 4-12 | 419 students
7199 Silver Lake Rd
Linden, MI 48451
(810)591-8410 6.5 4-12 419
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.