Julian Union Elementary School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by Julian Union Elementary School District serving 2,860 students in Julian, California.
- Minority enrollment is 42% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is less than the state average of 23:1.
Julian Union Elementary School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Julian Julian Charter 1704 Cape Horn
Julian, CA 92036
Grades: K-12 | 2551 students
- Julian Julian Elementary School1704 Cape Horn
Julian, CA 92036
Grades: K-5 | 202 students
- Julian Julian Junior High School1704 Cape Horn
Julian, CA 92036
Grades: 6-8 | 107 students
|School District Name||Julian Union Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,860 students|
|# of Teachers||132 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
|# of Male Students||1,270 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,590 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||65 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||104 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||681 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||55 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,646 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||7 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||302 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||229|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||239|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||229|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||246|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||238|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||291|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||300|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||255|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||132|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||164|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||143|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||139|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Julian Union Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,545 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has grown by 18% over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,401 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has grown by 18% over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,545||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$6,401||$11,280|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.