Los Gatos Union Elementary School District
- For the 2020 school year, there are 5 public schools managed by Los Gatos Union Elementary School District serving 3,261 students in Los Gatos, California.
- Minority enrollment is 33% of the student body (majority Asian), which is less than the California state average of 76%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is less than the state average of 23:1.
Los Gatos Union Elementary School District (2020)
- School Location Grades Students
- Los Gatos Blossom Hill Elementary School16400 Blossom Hill Rd.
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Grades: K-5 | 640 students
- Los Gatos Daves Avenue Elementary School17770 Daves Ave.
Los Gatos, CA 95030
Grades: K-5 | 548 students
- Los Gatos Lexington Elementary School19700 Old Santa Cruz Hwy.
Los Gatos, CA 95033
Grades: K-5 | 158 students
- Los Gatos Louise Van Meter Elementary School16445 Los Gatos Blvd.
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Grades: K-5 | 608 students
- Los Gatos Raymond J. Fisher Middle School19195 Fisher Ave.
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Grades: 6-8 | 1307 students
|School District Name||Los Gatos Union Elementary School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||3,261 students|
|# of Teachers||145 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
|# of Male Students||1,631 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,630 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||20 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||614 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||247 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||18 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,198 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||5 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||159 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||-|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||246|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||298|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||291|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||343|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||382|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||394|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||424|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||445|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||438|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Los Gatos Union Elementary School District, which is ranked within the top 5% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of % has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,744 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,798. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $10,723 is less than the state average of $11,280. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (CA)|
|Total Revenue||$34 MM||$17 MM|
|Spending||$34 MM||$18 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,744||$10,798|
|Spending / Student||$10,723||$11,280|
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.