Cameron Elementary School
Cameron Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Cameron Elementary School's student population of 454 students has declined by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||454 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cameron Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#7366 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (13-14)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||San Antonio Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Tynan Early Childhood Campus Grades: PK | 244 students
925 Gulf St
San Antonio, TX 78202
(210) 738-9835 1.6 PK 244
- San Antonio Houston High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,132 student
4635 E Houston St
San Antonio, TX 78220
(210) 678-7900 1.7 9-12 1,132
- San Antonio Pershing Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 521 students
600 Sandmeyer St
San Antonio, TX 78208
(210) 738-9820 1.7 PK-6 521
- San Antonio Ruth Jones Mcclendon Middle School Grades: 6-12 | 149 students
3460 Ne Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78218
(210) 587-3576 1.7 6-12 149
- San Antonio Young Men's Leadership Academy Grades: 4-8 | 254 students
415 Gabriel St
San Antonio, TX 78202
(210) 354-9652 1.7 4-8 254
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.