Cardozo Education Campus
Cardozo Education Campus serves 621 students in grades 6-12.
Cardozo Education Campus placed in the bottom 50% of all schools in District Of Columbia for overall test scores (math proficiency is bottom 50%, and reading proficiency is bottom 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 8% (which is lower than the District Of Columbia state average of 32%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 16% (which is lower than the District Of Columbia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the District Of Columbia state level of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 99% of the student body (majority Black), which is higher than the District Of Columbia state average of 87% (majority Black).
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 621 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 8:1
- Minority Enrollment: 99%
- Graduation Rate: 53% (Btm 50% in DC)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 8% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 16% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), DC Dept. of Education
Cardozo Education Campus's student population of 621 students has declined by 22% over five school years.
The teacher population of 74 teachers has declined by 22% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cardozo Education Campus is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 212 schools in District Of Columbia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cardozo Education Campus is 0.54, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.52. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (DC)
Overall Testing Rank
#193 out of 212 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
National School Lunch Program
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch (11-12)
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), DC Dept. of Education
- Cardozo Senior High School is a secondary school at 13th and Clifton Street in northwest Washington, D.C.
- Cardozo is operated by District of Columbia Public Schools. The school is named after Francis Cardozo, the first African American to hold an administrative office in South Carolina. The U St./African-American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo Metro Stop is partially named after this school.
Review Cardozo Education Campus. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Teaching: Using Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality can enhance your lessons safely and efficiently. Virtual reality allows your students to explore worlds they might not otherwise see. We offer some suggestions on how to use VR in your classrooom.
July 11, 2022Junior Reserve Officers Training Corps or JROTC
JROTC offers valuable lessons in leadership, character-building and citizenship. Here's a look at the various JROTC programs out there together with a look at the pros and cons of the program.
July 05, 2022Teaching: Contract Renewal
Most teaching contracts are year-to-year, or longer if you're eligible. Here are some suggestions for safeguarding your employment.