Carmel Elementary School
- Carmel Elementary School's student population of 167 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carmel Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall School Rank||#298 out of 525 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Rsu 87/msad 23 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Caravel Middle School Grades: 5-8 | 233 students
520 Irish Road
Carmel, ME 04419
(207)848-3615 2.3 5-8 233
- Etna Etna-dixmont School Grades: PK-8 | 221 students
2100 Dixmont Road
Etna, ME 04434
(207)992-0735 4.2 PK-8 221
- Levant Suzanne M Smith Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 240 students
169 South Levant Road
Levant, ME 04456
(207)884-7444 5.5 PK-5 240
- Hampden Newburgh Elementary School Grades: PK | 19 students
2220 Western Avenue
Hampden, ME 04444
(207)234-2781 6.0 PK 19
- Bangor Hermon Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 415 students
235 Billings Road
Bangor, ME 04401
(207)848-4000 8.9 PK-4 415
We provide an overview and current status of the Race to the Top program that was designed as an incentive and funding program to promote education reform in public school districts across the country.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.