Carmel Elementary School
- Carmel Elementary School's student population of 199 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carmel Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 523 schools in Maine (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (ME)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#389 out of 523 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||RSU 87/MSAD 23 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Carmel Caravel Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 193 students
520 Irish Road
Carmel, ME 04419
(207) 848-3615 2.3 6-8 193
- Etna Etna-dixmont School Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
2100 Dixmont Road
Etna, ME 04434
(207) 992-0735 4.2 PK-8 224
- Levant Suzanne M Smith Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 254 students
169 South Levant Road
Levant, ME 04456
(207) 884-7444 5.5 PK-5 254
- Hampden Newburgh Elementary School Grades: PK | 19 students
2220 Western Avenue
Hampden, ME 04444
(207) 234-2781 6.0 PK 19
- Bangor Hermon High School Grades: 9-12 | 517 students
2415 Route 2
Bangor, ME 04401
(207) 848-4000 7.3 9-12 517
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
Many school districts are hiking up the price of school lunches this year. We’ll take a look at some of the reasons for the trend, including the child nutritional bill that President Obama signed into law last year.
There is no denying that being a public school teacher has its challenges, but some are more apparent than others. Keep reading to learn about the top ten challenges facing public school teachers this year.