Carver Senior High School
Carver Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 20%)
- Carver Senior High School's student population of 1,098 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,098 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Carver Senior High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,270 schools in Alabama (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#1100 out of 1270 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Montgomery County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to Carver Senior High School is Montgomery Preparatory Academy For Career Technologies (0.8 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Fews Secondary Acceleration Academy (0.9 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Carver Elementary School (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Carver Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 464 students
3100 Mobile Dr
Montgomery, AL 36108
(334)269-3625 0.5 PK-5 464
- Montgomery Montgomery Preparatory Academy For Career Technologies Grades: 10-12
2901 East South Blvd
Montgomery, AL 36116
(334)241-5307 0.8 10-12 n/a
- Montgomery Davis Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 427 students
3605 Rosa Parks Dr
Montgomery, AL 36105
(334)269-3662 0.9 PK-5 427
- Montgomery Fews Secondary Acceleration Academy Grades: 6-10 | 54 students
321 Early St
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334)269-3665 0.9 6-10 54
- Montgomery Lanier Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,008 student
1756 S Court St
Montgomery, AL 36104
(334)269-3726 1.0 9-12 1,008
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.