Catawba Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 442 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 32%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in NC
- Math Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 41% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), NC Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
29% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 42% NC state average), while 41% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% NC state average).
How many students attend Catawba Elementary School?
442 students attend Catawba Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
68% of Catawba Elementary School students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 9% of students are Black, 7% of students are Two or more races, and 4% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Catawba Elementary School?
Catawba Elementary School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the North Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Catawba Elementary School offer ?
Catawba Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6
Review Catawba Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities