Cedar Grove Elementary School
Cedar Grove Elementary School serves 1,047 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Cedar Grove Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Tennessee for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 58% (which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 39%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 35% (which is equal to the Tennessee state average of 35%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is lower than the Tennessee state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 54% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is higher than the Tennessee state average of 37% (majority Black and Hispanic).
Cedar Grove Elementary School's student population of 1,047 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
The teacher population of 75 teachers has grown by 8% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Cedar Grove Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,705 schools in Tennessee (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Cedar Grove Elementary School is 0.69, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TN)
Overall Testing Rank
#398 out of 1705 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TN Dept. of Education
Worst School ever. The principle and staff are so rude and mean to the kids and parents. The bus driver is rude too and yells at the students.
This is a wonderful school. My daughter loves it. She learning alot and they make it fun for her. They also have classes and events for parents to help us get more involved, to us know what we need to do the help our kids at home and at school and how to look after our childrens safety. I was disappointed when only a few showed but the classes are worth it.
I have been blessed to have three children attend CGE. In the years of transition of new principals, CGE has continued to strive and grown stronger each year. The teachers are caring, fun yet firm and expect great behavior and get it from the children. The school is clean and maintained. The Parent Involvement is amazing! There are tons of opportunities to help and be involved. Teachers welcome parents to their classrooms to make copies, read to children, and help with other assignments. You couldn't ask for a better school.
Cedar Grove is an excellent school. High expectations and firm but fair discipline. I'm very glad to have my 2 children attend there. They are well on their way to school success.
Review Cedar Grove Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
40% of Teachers Call in Sick in Wisconsin
What happens when nearly half of a state's teachers call in "sick" for school? Learn about the turmoil between legislators and the teachers union in Wisconsin and how the rallies, protests, and fighting will set precedence for other budget-strapped states.
10 Best SAT Prep Methods
The SATs are a make or break exam for high school students. Check out the 10 best ways to prepare for the big test.
Common Mental Health Problems in School Children and How to Address Them
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.