Center Middle School
Top Placements (California)
Center Middle School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 20%)
- Center Middle School's student population of 510 students has declined by 23% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 26 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||510 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Center Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has decreased from 21:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Center Middle School is Azusa Unified School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Azusa Unified School District's student population of 8,865 students has decreased by 9% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,482 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $11,009 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Azusa Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,865||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$102 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$107 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,482||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$11,009||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Azusa Clifford D. Murray Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 458 students
505 E. Renwick Rd.
Azusa, CA 91702
(626)633-8700 0.2 K-5 458
- Azusa Magnolia Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 296 students
945 E. Nearfield
Azusa, CA 91702
(626)815-5800 0.6 K-5 296
- Azusa Foothill Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 555 students
151 N. Fenimore Ave.
Azusa, CA 91702
(626)815-6600 0.8 6-8 555
September 17, 2018
Public schools are far from perfect, but they still offer significant benefits to the students that attend their classrooms every day. We’ll list a few of those advantages here.
August 29, 2018
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
August 28, 2018
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.