Cerro Gordo Elementary School
Cerro Gordo Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Cerro Gordo Elementary School's student population of 256 students has grown by 19% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 5% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Cerro Gordo Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,672 schools in Illinois (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#928 out of 3672 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||35-39%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Cerro Gordo CUSD 100 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cerro Gordo Cerro Gordo Junior And Senior High School Grades: 7-12 | 230 students
Po Box 79
Cerro Gordo, IL 61818
(217)763-2711 0.2 7-12 230
- Oreana Argenta-oreana Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 482 students
400 W South St
Oreana, IL 62554
(217)468-2121 8.1 PK-5 482
- Argenta Argenta-oreana High School Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
Po Box 469
Argenta, IL 62501
(217)795-4821 8.1 9-12 284
- Argenta Argenta-oreana Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 198 students
Po Box 439
Argenta, IL 62501
(217)795-2163 8.1 6-8 198
- Bement Bement Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 145 students
201 S Champaign St
Bement, IL 61813
(217)678-4200 8.8 PK-5 145
What is the best way to evaluate the quality of a public high school? Learn about the data available that helps parents choose a high school based upon how well their graduates perform in college.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.