Chatom Elementary School
- Chatom Elementary School's student population of 285 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Chatom Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AL)|
|Overall School Rank||#593 out of 1,264 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Washington County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chatom Washington Co Career Technical Center Grades: 7-12
16478 St. Stephens Avenue
Chatom, AL 36518
(251)847-2040 0.9 7-12 n/a
- Chatom Washington Co High School Grades: 5-12 | 535 students
Chatom, AL 36518
(251)847-2851 0.9 5-12 535
- Fruitdale Fruitdale High School Grades: K-12 | 420 students
13077 County Rd 1
Fruitdale, AL 36539
(251)827-6655 8.0 K-12 420
- Buckatunna Buckatunna Elementary School Grades: K-8 | 407 students
11 Buckatunna Mt. Zion Rd.
Buckatunna, MS 39322
(601)648-2501 16.3 K-8 407
Learn about strategies and tips you can incorporate to help your teenager be organized and excel in public high school.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.