Children First places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Children First's student population of 32 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 43 teachers has grown by 72% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch (12-13)|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sarasota School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Children First is Sarasota Military Academy (0.7 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Booker High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,234 student
3201 N Orange Ave
Sarasota, FL 34234
(941) 355-2967 0.8 9-12 1,234
- Sarasota Sarasota School Of Arts/sciences Grades: 6-8 | 753 students
717 Central Ave
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 330-1855 0.8 6-8 753
- Sarasota Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus Grades: K-5 | 613 students
2901 W Tamiami Cir
Sarasota, FL 34234
(941) 359-5800 0.9 K-5 613
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.