- Children First's student population of 37 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has grown by 60% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
- Children First's student:teacher ratio of 1:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sarasota School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sarasota Booker High School Grades: 9-12 | 1207 students
3201 N Orange Ave
Sarasota, FL 34234
(941)355-2967 0.8 9-12 1207
- Sarasota Sarasota School Of Arts/sciences Grades: 6-8 | 751 students
645 Central Ave
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941)330-1855 0.8 6-8 751
- Sarasota Bay Haven School Of Basics Plus Grades: K-5 | 604 students
2901 W Tamiami Cir
Sarasota, FL 34234
(941)359-5800 0.9 K-5 604
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.
Students all over the nation go hungry every day not because their schools don’t offer lunch, but because they refuse them to children with outstanding debts. Read on to learn about the horror that is lunch shaming and what can be done about it.