Churchland Elementary School
- Churchland Elementary School's student population of 811 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||811 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Churchland Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (VA)|
|Overall School Rank||#347 out of 1,796 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||PORTSMOUTH CITY PBLC SCHS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portsmouth Churchland Academy Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 661 students
4061 River Shore Rd
Portsmouth, VA 23703
(757)686-2527 1.4 K-6 661
- Chesapeake Western Branch Intermediate Grades: 3-5 | 772 students
4013 Terry Dr
Chesapeake, VA 23321
(757)638-7941 1.4 3-5 772
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.