Clarksville High School
Clarksville High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Clarksville High School's student population of 122 students has declined by 12% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||122 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Clarksville High School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#292 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-89%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Clarksville Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clarksville Clarksville Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 200 students
318 N Mather
Clarksville, IA 50619
(319) 278-4560 0.0 PK-6 200
- Shell Rock Shell Rock Elementary School Grades: PK-4 | 161 students
214 N Cherry St
Shell Rock, IA 50670
(319) 885-4311 6.8 PK-4 161
- Allison North Butler Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 376 students
Allison, IA 50602
(319) 267-2212 7.1 PK-6 376
- Nashua Nashua-plainfield Intermediate School Grades: 4-6 | 144 students
417 Main St
Nashua, IA 50658
(319) 276-4451 7.7 4-6 144
- Waverly Greenview Alternative School Grades: 9-12 | 33 students
106 16th St Sw
Waverly, IA 50677
(319) 352-9273 9.9 9-12 33
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.