Claxton Elementary School
Claxton Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for gree lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Claxton Elementary School's student population of 1027 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 69 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||1,027 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Claxton Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Claxton Elementary School is Evans County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 198 school districts in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Evans County School District's student population of 1,857 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $10,103 is higher than the state average of $9,937. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $8,843 is less than the state average of $9,903. The district spending/student has declined by 13% over four school years.
|School District Name||Evans County School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||1,857||3,295|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$19 MM||$33 MM|
|District Spending||$17 MM||$33 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$10,103||$9,937|
|District Spending / Student||$8,843||$9,903|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Claxton Claxton High School Grades: 9-12 | 407 students
102 N Clark St
Claxton, GA 30417
(912)739-3993 1.2 9-12 407
- Claxton Claxton Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 423 students
600 Hendrix Street
Claxton, GA 30417
(912)739-3646 1.2 6-8 423
- Claxton Claxton Regional Youth Detention Center Grades: 6-10 | 8 students
3609 Bill Hodges Rd
Claxton, GA 30417
(912)739-4807 2.6 6-10 8
- Reidsville Tattnall County High School Grades: 9-12 | 951 students
17100 Ga Highway 23
Reidsville, GA 30453
(912)557-4374 11.4 9-12 951
- Collins Collins Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 301 students
720 N Main St
Collins, GA 30421
(912)693-2455 12.2 PK-5 301
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.