Columbia High School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 671 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 97%
- Graduation Rate: 75-79% (Btm 50% in SC)
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50%
- Math Proficiency: 30-34% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 45-49% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
30-34% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 45-49% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
What is the graduation rate of Columbia High School?
The graduation rate of Columbia High School is 75-79%, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 84%.
How many students attend Columbia High School?
671 students attend Columbia High School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
85% of Columbia High School students are Black, 5% of students are Hispanic, 4% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are Asian, and 3% of students are White.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Columbia High School?
Columbia High School has a student ration of 14:1, which is equal to the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Columbia High School offer ?
Columbia High School offers enrollment in grades 9-12 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Columbia High School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities