Sandel Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 471 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Minority Enrollment: 97%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in SC
- Math Proficiency: 32% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 29% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), SC Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
32% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 46% SC state average), while 29% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 48% SC state average).
How many students attend Sandel Elementary School?
471 students attend Sandel Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
86% of Sandel Elementary School students are Black, 5% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, 3% of students are White, and 1% of students are Asian.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Sandel Elementary School?
Sandel Elementary School has a student ration of 12:1, which is lower than the South Carolina state average of 14:1.
What grades does Sandel Elementary School offer ?
Sandel Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Sandel Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities