Columbus High School
Columbus High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Columbus High School's student population of 1,269 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,269 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Columbus High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 2,174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||#3 out of 2,174 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Muscogee County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Wynnton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 480 students
2303 Wynnton Rd
Columbus, GA 31906
(706)748-3147 0.6 K-5 480
- Columbus Hannan Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 522 students
1338 Talbotton Rd
Columbus, GA 31901
(706)748-2744 0.8 K-5 522
- Columbus Jordan Vocational High School Grades: 9-12 | 787 students
3200 Howard Ave
Columbus, GA 31904
(706)748-2819 1.1 9-12 787
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.