Columbus High School
Columbus High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 1%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 1%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 1%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 1%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Columbus High School's student population of 1,269 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 60 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2004)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,269 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Columbus High School is ranked within the top 1% of all 2,174 schools in Georgia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has increased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (GA)|
|Overall School Rank||n/a|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Muscogee County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Wynnton Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 480 students
2303 Wynnton Rd
Columbus, GA 31906
(706)748-3147 0.6 K-5 480
- Columbus Hannan Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 522 students
1338 Talbotton Rd
Columbus, GA 31901
(706)748-2744 0.8 K-5 522
- Columbus Jordan Vocational High School Grades: 9-12 | 787 students
3200 Howard Ave
Columbus, GA 31904
(706)748-2819 1.1 9-12 787
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.