Coral Academy Of Science Las Vegas
Coral Academy Of Science Las Vegas places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Coral Academy Of Science Las Vegas's student population of 2,728 students has grown by 97% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 111 teachers has grown by 101% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||2,728 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||111 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Coral Academy Of Science Las Vegas's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
|Overall School Rank||#56 out of 620 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||State-sponsored Charter s School District|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Volley Ball|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Math, Art Club, Chess Club, College Mentorship Leadership Program, Debate Club, Flag Football Club, FTC Robotics, Game Club, Gardening Club, Guitar & Ukulele Club, History Club, Key Club, Music Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Science Bowl Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, TV Drama Club, Under Water Robotics
- "The mission of CASLV is to provide a safe, rigorous college preparatory environment that promotes social responsibility and a culturally diverse community dedicated to becoming lifelong learners bound for success."School BeliefsC Challenge:Every student is challenged to enhance character and fulfill their academic potential.AAcceptance & Achievement:Accepting the diversity of our peers and achieving goals beyond ourselves.S Safety:Providing a safe learning environment that sets boundaries to allow students to achieve greatness.L Lifelong Learning: Fostering of love of lifelong learningV Values: Developing well rounded individuals while promoting integrity and responsibility.Coral Academy of ScienceLas Vegas`s mission is to provide a safe, rigorous college preparatory environment that promotes social responsibility and a culturally diverse community dedicated to becoming lifelong learners bound for success. At CASLV, we recognize that educational success will be realized only when the essential underlying triad of student-teacher-parent/guardian is in harmony.We, as educators, will create a partnership among this triad that will provide our youth with the support necessary to reach their highest potential- intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.The educational vision and innovation crucial to accomplishing this mission are organized under two main headings: specific elements and whole-school design. The specific design elements fall into five categories: 1. rigorous curricula, instruction, and assessment; 2. leadership, governance, and staffing; 3. parent and community involvement; 4. technology; and 5. financing. Whole school design involves the comprehensive and continuing effort to realize these five essential elements in an integrated manner.It is our belief that each child has an inherent curiosity and love of learning; and that each child has a unique intelligence, level of capability, and learning style. With this in mind, we will motivate our students and expect them to strive toward their highest levels of capability while addressing their individual learning styles, thus fostering within them a life-long love of learning.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Henderson Frank S Lamping Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 691 students
2551 Summit Grove Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702)799-1330 0.4 PK-5 691
- Henderson Silver Sands Montessori Grades: K-8 | 299 students
1841 Whitney Mesa Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
(702)522-6220 0.8 K-8 299
- Henderson Del E Webb Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1717 students
2200 Reunion Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702)799-1305 0.9 6-8 1717
- Henderson Bob Miller Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1606 students
2400 Cozy Hill Cir.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702)799-2260 1.5 6-8 1606