Coral Academy Of Science Las Vegas
Coral Academy Of Science Las Vegas places among the top 20% of public schools in Nevada for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 10%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading/Language Arts Proficiency Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%)
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 10%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||2,728 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||111 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NV)|
Overall Testing Rank
|#35 out of 660 schools|
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||20:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||State-Sponsored Charter Schools School District|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, Volley Ball|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advanced Math, Art Club, Chess Club, College Mentorship Leadership Program, Debate Club, Flag Football Club, FTC Robotics, Game Club, Gardening Club, Guitar & Ukulele Club, History Club, Key Club, Music Club, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Science Bowl Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, TV Drama Club, Under Water Robotics
- "The mission of CASLV is to provide a safe, rigorous college preparatory environment that promotes social responsibility and a culturally diverse community dedicated to becoming lifelong learners bound for success."School BeliefsC Challenge:Every student is challenged to enhance character and fulfill their academic potential.AAcceptance & Achievement:Accepting the diversity of our peers and achieving goals beyond ourselves.S Safety:Providing a safe learning environment that sets boundaries to allow students to achieve greatness.L Lifelong Learning: Fostering of love of lifelong learningV Values: Developing well rounded individuals while promoting integrity and responsibility.Coral Academy of ScienceLas Vegas`s mission is to provide a safe, rigorous college preparatory environment that promotes social responsibility and a culturally diverse community dedicated to becoming lifelong learners bound for success. At CASLV, we recognize that educational success will be realized only when the essential underlying triad of student-teacher-parent/guardian is in harmony.We, as educators, will create a partnership among this triad that will provide our youth with the support necessary to reach their highest potential- intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.The educational vision and innovation crucial to accomplishing this mission are organized under two main headings: specific elements and whole-school design. The specific design elements fall into five categories: 1. rigorous curricula, instruction, and assessment; 2. leadership, governance, and staffing; 3. parent and community involvement; 4. technology; and 5. financing. Whole school design involves the comprehensive and continuing effort to realize these five essential elements in an integrated manner.It is our belief that each child has an inherent curiosity and love of learning; and that each child has a unique intelligence, level of capability, and learning style. With this in mind, we will motivate our students and expect them to strive toward their highest levels of capability while addressing their individual learning styles, thus fostering within them a life-long love of learning.
Nearby Public Schools
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Miles Grades Students
- Henderson Frank S Lamping Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 709 students
2551 Summit Grove Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702) 799-1330 0.4 PK-5 709
- Henderson Silver Sands Montessori Grades: K-8 | 319 students
1841 Whitney Mesa Drive
Henderson, NV 89014
(702) 522-6220 0.8 K-8 319
- Henderson Del E Webb Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,728 student
2200 Reunion Dr.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702) 799-1305 0.9 6-8 1,728
- Henderson Bob Miller Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1,685 student
2400 Cozy Hill Cir.
Henderson, NV 89052
(702) 799-2260 1.5 6-8 1,685
My 3 kids are attending this school. I know Eastgate and Sandy Ridge campuses. The teachers are dedicated to kids, administrators call them with names. STEM education is perfect. They have been selected Best Charter school at Niche rating. We are all happy. Go Falcons!
- Posted by Parent - Frank L.
Excellent school with dedicated teachers. My daughter really enjoys her teachers and principal, she is very excited about going to school most days. I am especially pleased with the school's accelerated math program. After being at two different schools, we feel coral is a better option and we see that she has been learning and making some good friends in her class. We feel she is in good hands. Her excitement and self-confidence come from her achievements. Now she can read at eight grade level in fourth grade! Science projects kept us a little busy, but we had support from the teacher, and It seems she's learned about the method, writing, and the process. School staff is always a pleasure to talk to, they care about the kid's well-being. Her knowledge of geography and history impresses everyone. She has improved on reading thanks to the after school drama club. We had several issues with homework not done at home. We contacted the administration about it. In my opinion, Homework must be cut by half. Some work is not helpful at all. The school has an excellent portal called Infinite Campus which sends you notifications Whenever there is a grade change or she misses a period. School can do better as far as to pick up and drop off traffic goes. However, it is still one of the best schools in town. I recommend this school to any parents who is looking for a challenging school for their students. You have to be very involved if you are a parent of a child at this school. Overall, we think it is a great public school.
- Posted by Parent - Alex Lee
We moved to the Las Vegas area in January 2018. We decided as a family that we were going to look at Charter schools for our son due to the fact that we didn't know the area that we were moving to and did not want our son to attend a school that was going to hinder his education. My son attended a school in the Fresno, CA area for the start of his 1st grade year and quickly fell way behind in his reading. When we entered into the Coral Academy schools in the middle of his 1st grade year he was reading at a Kindergarten level. His teachers have been extremely helpful in the process of getting him back to on grade level reading. This year he is in 3rd grade and is thriving. He is scoring slightly above average in reading on his MAP scores and well above average in Math (that was always his favorite). I could not be happier with his education. We feel a sense of home with Coral Academy. The Teachers, Staff and Administration genuinely care about the students. I am so happy with our decision to enroll with Coral Academy.
- Posted by Parent - knixon
My child has attended since kindergarten and currently in 7th. I was super excited to enroll my student, but as the years roll on, I've decided to seek out a different school. The campuses are falling a part, unless you're in Centennial. No playground, a little to no recess. If your student is struggling, there's no extra help and no resources for them. We don't know who the privately funding the school, but seeing how there are a lot of Turkish individuals running the show, I believe that's where the funds are coming from. There's no fun, normal school electives like drama club, car shop etc and the clubs they do offer, are garbage and held after school. No nurses at the school. It's just not a good school. The ratio of students to teachers used to be low but now it's higher than regular classrooms in the LV area. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a school. No band class, no nothing.
- Posted by Parent - Bonfire